PYRC #4: Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets and One Pot Mac N' Cheese

First off, what the heck is PYRC? Well it stands for Pinterest Yummy Recipes Challenge and stems from the first post where I challenged myself to attempt to make all of my recipe pins (yeah I know, it will take quite a while). The challenge name is becoming a little too long for my post titles, so I'm abbreviating... from now on.

Second off, who doesn't love Chick-Fil-A nuggets and mac n' cheese? Definitely not me. So since I've been on such a cooking streak after recovering from wisdom teeth nightmare, last week I decided to tackle both of these Pinterest recipes.
 

Recipe 1: One Pot Mac N' Cheese

Grab this recipe from "My Name is Snickerdoodle."


I can't lie. I was pretty excited to tackle this mac n' cheese and I KNEW I'd nail it perfectly. Did I do it? No. And I even read all the tips and advice from the blog comments. Ugh, irritating. I had only made homemade mac n' cheese once before and was a little scarred from the experience since the cheese didn't melt correctly and was a bit gritty. Well this time, not only was it again gritty, but it took FOREVER to cook. The liquid measurements just weren't right for me. I'll probably try the one pot method again and eyeball the measurements a bit more to my taste. It's a great, easy concept and hopefully I can get it right one day. Good luck to you too!

Recipe 2: Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets

Grab this recipe from "White on Rice Couple."

Three words: nom, nom, nom. Truthfully the cooking and prep method described in the recipe was no different than what I learned from my mother: dip the chicken in eggs and milk, coat in flour batter, fry in oil.


The main difference between this recipe and my mother's traditional method is adding powdered sugar to the flour batter. Yes, powdered sugar. The sweet undertone that it adds to the nuggets no doubt resembles the taste of Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I would have never guessed.

So in Chick-Fil-A spirit we lined out our dipping sauces and grubbed on our latest creations.


Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets = success. One Pot Mac n' Cheese = better luck next time. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts