PYRC #16: Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken

I'm a buffalo chicken freak, to say the least, and when I'm at a restaurant and there's buffalo chicken-something on the menu, there's about an 80% chance I'll order it. So, to no one's surprise, my Pinterest recipe board has tons of buffalo chicken recipes - buffalo chicken tacos, buffalo chicken quesadillas, buffalo chicken bites, buffalo chicken lettuce wraps, buffalo chicken grilled cheese - you name it. And the sad thing is not that I'm an excessive buffalo chicken lover; it's that I'm an excessive buffalo chicken lover, and I've never made any of my Pinterest buffalo chicken recipes!

I finally changed that, though, with simple shredded crock pot buffalo chicken, the base practically to all of the buffalo concoctions above.


Pin It

As long as you gather the three main ingredients from the store (yes, I said only 3!!!), the recipe is quite painless.

1. Put FROZEN boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot with one package of dry ranch mix and a bottle of Frank's wing sauce (that's my favorite kind), and let simmer on low 6-7 hours (I just simmer it all day while I'm at work).


3. Shred the chicken however you please (I just use two forks) inside or outside of the crock pot (I did it on a plate), and, if needed, return chicken back to the crock pot.


4. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter (optional), and let simmer for one more hour.

Bam! Shredded buffalo chicken! The first night we used it for a slamming sandwich on a bun, and the next night, Jeff made an even more slamming grilled cheese sandwich (sadly, no picture of the latter).


Nom. I can't wait to make more concoctions with this recipe. And the best part is that it is SO not time consuming.

For an actual recipe, grab one here from Emily Bites. (Side note – the original pin was linked to a blog that is now private – boo – so I did a quick google search to find a similar one.)

Linking to Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter.

2 comments:

  1. Hey great slow cooker dish! This week's Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter is all about collecting up slow cooker/crockpot recipes. It would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . I am following you now. Please drop by to Carole's Chatter and check it out. If you like my blog it would be great if you followed me back. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts