I Won! Ben E. Keith On My Own Time Art Show

I am so excited to announce that my Flamingo won Best of Show and 1st place for Works on Canvas in the Ben E. Keith On My Own Time Art Show.



Pin It

Last year I won a 1st and 2nd place prize, and considering this year I only submitted one piece instead of two, I was really just hoping to win something, anything. But 1st place and Best of Show, can you believe it? I’m not a professional, and I’ll never be in an art gallery, so this small victory is a major achievement in my book!

As part of the 1st place prize, the Flamingo will be on display in NorthPark Mall from September 15 – 30. If you missed my last year’s winning exhibit in NorthPark in my 2010 and 2011 Art in Review post, here it is again:


Now that I am well past the wedding, into my first house and practically finished with the grunt of our remodel, I’m hoping I can refocus some energy into art and create some new and exciting pieces before next year’s show. I must admit, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t have anything new to submit this year.

Jeff’s company, Ben E. Keith, hosts the show each year in conjunction with the North Texas Business Council for the Arts. For more information about the specific On My Own Time art competition program, visit the website here.

Can’t wait to share this year’s exhibit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts