PYRC #17: Fresh Caprese Quinoa Salad

Quinoa is an interesting super grain that is great to mix in with salads or vegetables (like the quinoa grapefruit and avocado spinach salad I made in May). With the summer heat cranking and my garden slowly dying, I vowed to make this caprese quinoa salad recipe before my basil and tomatoes died.

 
 

Pin It

The salad was refreshing and great for summer but not necessarily one of the favorites I've ever made. Part of it may be due to the fact that I fudged on cooking the quinoa, and Jeff had to save it. When the directions say turn to low once boiling, but rather you turn it on high and then go tend to your garden, well, that really doesn't work out.

If you'd like to try this recipe, grab it from here at Fit Foodie Finds.

On another note, if you're looking for some other interesting ways to doll up this super grain, try sautéing some vegetables, mix them in with the quinoa and serve it warm. Add a little vinegar, oil and seasoning, and you'll get a mega-flavor side dish or a great filling for stuffed peppers. I also treat quinoa like a general salad ingredient and just toss it in with whatever other salad ingredients I'm in the mood for.

If you have any other interesting ideas, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We love comments and kudos!

Popular Posts